The Work that Reconnects
I am a certified facilitator of The Work that Reconnects (WTR). And I invite you to experience its power and depth.
The WTR is a form of group work that supports us to build personal and collective resilience in a world full of uncertainty and complexity. The work grounds us in gratitude, allows us to work with our despair and pain for the world, to expand consciousness, and to find inner strength and empower each other to take part in the healing of our world.
The WTR is a catalyst for transformation that invites us into…
- Seeing beyond the confines of the industrial-growth system, showing us how a transition towards a life-sustaining society is possible
- Reconnecting with life
- Falling in love with each other and the natural world
- Spreading compassion and empowerment
- Healthily transforming and unleashing the intergenerational trauma interwoven with repressed anger and fear for the benefit of the Earth community.
More about the Work That Reconnects
Joanna Macy is the root teacher of the WTR . It began in the late 1970s, arising first in North America, and then spreading to Western and Eastern Europe, Australasia and Japan. Nowadays is used worldwide.
The central purpose of the Work That Reconnects is to bring people into new relationship with their world, to empower them to take part in the Great Turning (the transition that can lead us to a life-sustaining society), and to reclaim their lives from corporate rule.
In order to do this, the Work That Reconnects:
- provides perspectives and practices drawn from systems science, Deep Ecology and spiritual traditions that reveal our interbeing through space and time
- reframes our pain for the world as evidence of our mutual belonging and hence our power to take action on behalf of life
- awakens stamina and buoyancy to live with full awareness of both the Great Turning and the Great Unraveling, and to embrace the uncertainty
- affirms that our intention to act for the sake of all beings can become the organizing principle of our life
- helps us identify the strengths and resources we can mobilize in our commitment to the self-healing of the world
- presents the Great Turning as a challenge that every one of us, in collaboration with others, is fully capable of meeting in our own distinctive ways.
“Coming Back to Life” – Joanna Macy